The South Beach Seafood Festival returns to South Beach from October 17-21, 2017 and we have a discount code for you (SAVE20). Since this festival coincides with the start of stone crab season, we’re just a little excited. This annual event brings together some of the top chefs and restaurants in the area. Add in some wine, spirits and a little friendly competition — and you’re set for the ultimate seafood experience. The main event is South Beach Seafood Festival, but there are a variety of other events taking place throughout the week — all of which benefit the CI Foundation’s, Eat Smart Program.
South Beach Seafood Festival
When: Saturday, October 21 from 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. for general admission, until 9 p.m. for VIP
Entrance: 14th & Ocean Dr., Lummus Park, Miami Beach
Cost: $45 for general admission & $150 for VIP
Save 20% with code: SAVE20
General Admission includes full admission and a complimentary all-day open bar. Food items (60+ a la carte menu items) will be available for purchase and will be priced between $5-$8.
VIP tickets include full admission and complimentary open bar, $20 in food vouchers, access to the VIP Hospitality Village filled with private samplings, private after-party and more.
The festival, brought to you by Kendall Jackson and presented by Coca-Cola and Jack Daniel’s, spans four blocks and welcomes over 13,000 seafood-ies to enjoy a day of fun in the sun in the Sobe Chic way. And this year, it’s all about the UPGRADE!
Come prepared to indulge at pop up cafes featuring Miami’s leading restaurateurs serving the freshest seafood. Choose your dishes as you please and pair them with complimentary drinks from the all day open bars.
Guests will enjoy a day with their toes in the sand at #sobeseafoodfest which spans all the way from 10th and Ocean to 14th and Ocean! So much more than just food, Saturday’s festival includes:
- Jackson Family Wine pairing experiences,
- Live music at the Main Stage,
- iHeart Radio DJs at the Jack Daniel’s Beach Club
- Life-size beach games
- Chef demonstrations in the Whole Foods Market Culinary Showcase
- VIP Experiences in the Land Rover N&S Dade Hospitality Village featuring the GOYA Culinary Pavilion
- The Coca-Cola Dance Club
- Casa Herradura
- Celebrity Cruises “The Edge” showcase
- Jackson Family Wines sensory garden experience
- and so much .more
And for the VIPs, the hospitality village will stay open for a VIP-only After Party from 7-9 PM, where you can dance the night away.
Participating restaurants include:
- Joe’s Stone Crab
- Red, The Steakhouse
- A Fish Called Avalon
- Naked Taco
- Naked Crab
- Poseidon Greek Restaurant
- Cibo Wine Bar
- and more.
The discount code SAVE20 can be applied any of the events.
Ahead of Saturday’s festival, there’s loads of fun for the culinary inclined:
- Tuesday, October 17, 6-10 PM: ALL NEW Crabs, Slabs, and Cabs at Shelborne Hotel, presented by Jackson Family Wines and Menin Hospitality
- Wednesday, October 19, 6-10 PM: Cooking & Cocktails at Meat Market, hosted by GOYA, Herradura, and Meat Market
- Thursday, October 20, 6-10 PM: An Evening at Joe’s Stone Crab, presented by La Crema
- Friday, October 21, 7-11PM: VIP Chef Showdown (11th & Ocean)
Details on the Ultimate Chef Showdown
The ultimate CHEF SHOWDOWN, brought to you by Cambria Wines, and presented by GOYA, Herradura, Land Rover N&S Dade, and Celebrity Cruises. This is the battle of all battles, showcasing the best in Miami’s culinary seafood scene.
At this VIP night for all the true seafoodies, 14 chefs go head-to-head in 7 different seafood battles where YOU are the judge!
Reigning champions defending their titles are:
- Chef Andre & Tyler Bienvenue of Joe’s Stone Crab in Battle Crab,
- Chef Sean Brasel of Meat Market in Battle Surf ‘N Turf,
- Chef Dustin Atoigue of Mondrian South Beach in Battle Shrimp,
- Chef Jean Delgado of Toro Toro in Battle Tuna,
- Chef Demetrios Pyliotis of Poseidon in Battle Fish,
- Chef Bernie Matz of Bodega South Beach in Battle Taco.
- …plus the brand new category: Battle Sushi
Throughout the night, guests will sample every chef’s dish and vote on their favorites! Each restaurant designs a sampling station around the tasting village, making it easy and fun for guests to eat and vote!
Chefs from each battle will then take the Macy’s Showcase Kitchen stage and prepare their dishes LIVE, while Miami’s favorite famous foodies will judge each showdown and add their votes to the guests’ votes gathered throughout the evening. It’s quite a show.
In addition to the Chef Showdown, guests will also enjoy the 2nd Annual Herradura Cocktail Showdown, hosted inside Casa Herradura! 10 top competing bartenders in South Florida will be making ocean inspired cocktails and this battle crowns Miami’s Best Bartender! The 2017 Battles will all be announced in September on @sobeseafoodfest social media.
(Friday’s Chef Showdown event is located in GOYA’s Culinary Pavilion at 11th & Ocean Drive, inside the Land Rover N&S Dade Hospitality Village.)
VIP Weekend passes are available for Friday and Saturday! Hotel packages are available through our host hotel properties, Mondrian or Shelborne. Email email@example.com for booking information.
Tickets can be purchased for all events at www.sobeseafoodfest.com with additional information found on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter @sobeseafoodfest. Remember to enter code SAVE20 at checkout to save 20%.</p